Orthodontics Treatment In Boronia
Your smile is your best asset!In fact, it’s often what people will remember most about you. Hence, if your smile is flawed, it can be a huge embarrassment. Between your professional life and your personal relationships, having an ugly smile can affect all of those interactions in a very big way.
If you want to make sure that people only see the best smile possible, then you need to contact the professional and highly trained dentists at The Smile Clinic. Our team can help you, no matter if it’s a simple cleaning or a major dental surgery. We can give you the makeover that you deserve!
Different Types Of Orthodontics Treatment
Orthodontics is one of the biggest fields in dentistry. It’s focused on diagnosing and preventing dental problems that arise from issues like abnormal bites, tooth spacing, and problems with alignment. Thanks to modern orthodontics, treatments such as periodontal corrections and retainers are able to effectively align teeth better than ever. Likewise, treatment of oral health problems like TMJ and TMD have become much more accurate.
Another field that orthodontists work in is dentures. The repair and maintenance of dentures, along with dental implants and partial dentures is one of the main tasks that orthodontists tend to work on with older patients.
Let’s take a look at an overview of the different procedures that our team of orthodontics experts covers at The Smile Clinic:
1. Fixed Braces:
If you have teeth that are crooked and misaligned, you should consider using fixed braces. With fixed braces, brackets are mounted on your teeth with a wire that connects them. Over the course of four or five years the braces realign your teeth into a straight position.
Depending on how severe the misalignment is, the braces can be placed on just select teeth, or on all of the teeth in the front, back, or both. Likewise, the process can be completed in stages. Fixed braces are the most common of the different orthodontic treatments that we cover, and are popular among a wide array of patients due to the fact that they are easy and pain-free to install.
Pros/Cons of Fixed Braces ->
- Fixed braces are flexible and can be re-adjusted at any time. The orthodontist will make changes and adjustments to the braces as you go.
- The time that you’ll have to wear your braces is told to you in advance. In general, the average time that a patient has to wear braces is 7-10 months.
- There isn’t any risk of tooth decay or infections. Likewise, braces won’t grind on your teeth or cause health issues.
- You’ll be able to chew and eat most foods like you normally would.
- While not the most costly option, adjustable fixed braces can still be expensive.
- You will have to make a few adjustments to your current diet.
- Smiling with the braces on can be both embarrassing and somewhat awkward.
Invisalign Treatment In Boronia
One of modern dentistry’s biggest breakthroughs has been the development of clear braces. Clear braces are the perfect solution for patients who may wish to hide their braces. Clear braces do use some metal. By using a rubber guard to hide the metal wires in, the braces are only placed on the teeth that require correction.
This minimizes the appearance of the metal brackets. Invisalign is typically used in cases of mild to moderate overbite.
Pros/Cons of Clear Braces->
- Clear braces are slightly noticeable, but less noticeable than metal braces.
- You can eat most of the same things as you did before wearing braces.
- Clear braces take a little less time to align your teeth than traditional metal braces..
- Clear braces are typically more expensive than metal braces.
- Clear braces may require as much care if not more than metal braces.
While both fixed braces and clear braces are cemented onto your teeth and must remain there for the duration of the alignment process, removable braces are designed to be taken out of your mouth while you eat. Likewise, cleaning them is much easier.
Removable braces allow teeth to be aligned in far less time than fixed braces. Removable braces are also a great choice for patients who won’t be able to commit to wearing braces for an extended length of time. Removable braces are also a great option in treating severe tooth misalignment issues that may need additional attention and care.
Pros/Cons of Removable Braces->
- Treatment time for removable braces is less than fixed or clear braces.
- You can remove these braces before each meal to make washing easier.
- Removable braces are typically cheaper than fixed or clear braces.
- You’ll still need to take care of removable braces throughout the day in the same way you would care for fixed or clear braces.
- You may be a little uncomfortable with them on your first week.
4. Functional Appliances:
Functional appliances are braces that are custom designed for your teeth in order to address a dental problem. Functional appliances are custom-made in a lab, and are used on patients of all ages.
A functional appliance works to help align the patient’s bite. This treatment becomes necessary when the bite is not correct, and the teeth do not function correctly. Functional appliances such as a tongue stabilizing device, a night bite splint, and a trismus splint are used to realign the bite and make improvements in the way the teeth fit together.
Pros/Cons of Functional Appliances->
- A functional appliance can be used to treat bite issues that normal braces might not fix.
- Functional appliances work to address any eating problems you may have.
- The functional appliance is tailored to your bite.
- A functional appliance doesn’t allow for a fast treatment time.
- You will need to wear a functional appliance for many hours every day.
- The functional appliance will need to be refitted and adjusted as treatment goes on.
Affordable Invisalign Cost and Process:
Invisalign utilizes 3D technology to scan your teeth and build a digital model of them. Based on this model, Invisalign can then develop a customized system of clear aligners that will move your teeth into position without requiring braces. This custom system not only accurately matches the size and shape of your teeth, but it also avoids the embarrassing appearance of traditional braces.
The price of Invisalign aligners is primarily based on the degree of work that will be needed to align your teeth. While the cost estimates are done on a case-by-case basis, the average cost for Invisalign braces is generally $6,000 – $9,000.
1. Is Invisalign Cheaper Than Braces?
Invisalign is often more expensive than traditional metal braces. There are also a number of other costs to you will have to consider when using Invisalign. For example, you will be responsible for any additional services needed during your orthodontics treatment. This includes procedures such as whitening, additional braces, and cleanings. Depending on the type of orthodontics treatment you need, you can expect the total cost to be anywhere between $4,000 – $9,000.
2. Can You Eat with Invisalign in?
Unlike traditional metal braces, you’re free to eat whatever you want while wearing Invisalign braces. There’s nothing restricting your ability to chew food, and you don’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck in your braces. However, you should still follow the recommended eating guidelines. The orthodontists at The Smile Clinic in Boronia can help you get used to the feel of eating and wearing your Invisalign braces.
3. Is Invisalign Good for Your Teeth?
Yes, Invisalign can be good for your teeth. While very few dental problem are associated with metal braces, if the patient doesn’t take good care of them, they can cause some serious issues. Because, Invisalign doesn’t use any metal components, these issues are avoided.
4. Will Invisalign always stay clear? Is there anything that could stain them?
Invisalign can stain easily if you aren’t careful. While it is possible to eat most foods normally with Invisalign braces, many different dark or spicy foods can cause discoloration of the rubber components of the braces. Likewise, coffee, tea, and energy drinks can stain your braces. Be sure to consult with your orthodontist about what foods and drinks could cause discoloration or stains on your Invisalign braces.
5. I have large gaps in my teeth. Will Invisalign be able to close them?
The answer to that question depends on what your orthodontist feels is the best course of action after examining your teeth. In most cases, Invisalign should be able to handle any gaps in your teeth. However, there can be cases where metal fixed braces could be necessary at some point in the treatment plan. The only way that you can know for sure is to schedule an appointment with one of the trustworthy orthodontists at The Smile Clinic today.
Schedule an Appointment with The Smile Clinic
Get in touch with one of our experts today about Invisalign dentistry and the effects it can have on your smile. Our professional staff can help you plan an appointment with an orthodontist in Boronia. They will also be able to answer any questions or concerns you might have. Call or e-mail us today for a better & brighter smile!